Publishing a web application
A web application is like any other application that you can publish using the standard application publishing functionality. However, to simplify publishing of straight URL links to web applications, a separate publishing item type is available that allows you to accomplish this task with minimal number of steps.
To publish a web application:
- In the RAS Console, select the Publishing category and then click the Add icon below the Published Resources tree (or right-click inside the Published Resources box and click Add in the context menu). This will launch the publishing wizard.
- On the Select Item Type wizard page, select Web Application and click Next.
- On the Select Server Type page, select the server type from which to publish and click Next.
- On the Publish From page, select the server(s) to publish from. Note that if you have just one server, the Publish From page will not appear.
- On the Web Application wizard page that opens, specify the web application name, description, window state, and the URL. Select the Force to use Internet Explorer option if needed. To browse for a specific application icon, click Change Icon.
- (VDI only) Select the Persistent option to make a guest VM persistent. For more info, see Persistent guest VMs.
- (Remote PC only) Click the [...] button in the Remote PC Settings section to select a Remote PC from which the application should be published. In the box that opens, double-click a PC to select it.
- On the next page, specify the initial status of the resource. Choose from Enabled (end users can launch the resource), Disabled (the resource will not appear in Parallels Client), In maintenance (the resource will appear in Parallels Client but users will not be able to launch it). When a resource is in maintenance and a user tries to launch it, they will see a message. To customize the message, click the Configure button. For more info, see Site defaults (Publishing).
- When done, click Finish to publish the application.
When published, the web application will appear in the Publishing > Published Resources list, just like any other application.