Joining with a secret key
In addition to an invitation hash, you can join a Tenant to the Tenant Broker using a secret key. As described earlier, a secret key can be used to join an unlimited number of Tenants to the same Tenant Broker.
To create a secret key:
- Log in to the Tenant Broker console.
- In the RAS Console, navigate to Farm > Settings.
- Select the Tenant broker tab.
- Select the Allow RAS Farms to register in Tenant Broker using a secret key.
- The secret key is generated automatically. To generate a different key, click Generate.
- If you want to register Tenants as subdomains, specify the domain part of the hostname in the Domain field. For example, to use "subdomain.domain.com" as a Tenant host name, specify "domain.com".
Once you have the key, you can use it to join one or more Tenants to the Tenant Broker.
To join a Tenant using a secret key:
- Log in to the Tenant.
- In the RAS Console, navigate to Farm > Site.
- Click Tasks > Join Tenant Broker.
- In the Join Tenant Broker dialog, specify the following:
- Enter the secret key in the first field from the top. If the Tenant is able to reach the Tenant Broker, the Tenant Broker field will be populated automatically.
- The Tenant Name field is populated automatically based on the name of the current Site, but you can specify a Tenant name of your choosing. The name you enter will be used in the Tenant Broker to name the corresponding Tenant object.
- In the Public domain addresses field, you can specify public domain addresses that will be used to access the Tenant. Configuring this is optional. If the Domain field is configured in the Tenant Broker settings (see above), you may enter subdomain only rather then the full domain address.
- Click Join.
On successful join, you will see a message welcoming you to the Tenant Broker. If the primary Connection Broker in your Tenant Farm can't reach the Tenant Broker, you will see a corresponding error message. Make sure that the Tenant Broker computer is reachable from the machine where you have the primary Connection Broker running.
Overriding the Tenant Broker IP address
The Tenant Broker IP address is detected automatically when you generate a secret key and is embedded into it. If a Tenant can't reach the Tenant Broker using this address, you have the ability to override it as follows:
- Log in to the Tenant Broker.
- In the RAS Console, navigate to Farm > Settings and click the Tenant broker tab.
- Select the Override Tenant Broker address in tenant invitations and secret keys option.
- Enter the desired IP address in the field provided.