Installing the agent manually
You may need to install the RAS RD Session Host Agent manually if the automatic push installation cannot be performed. For instance, an SMB share may not be available or the firewall rules may interfere with the push installation, etc.
Installing RAS RD Session Host Agent manually
- Log in to the server where the RAS RD Session Host Agent is to be installed using an administrator account and close all other applications.
- Copy the Parallels RAS installation file (
RASInstaller.msi) to the server and double-click it to launch the installation.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and proceed to the installation type page. Select Custom and click Next.
- Click on RAS RD Session Host Agent and select Entire Feature will be installed on local hard drive from the drop-down list.
- Ensure that all other components are deselected and click Next.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- Click Finish once the installation is finished.
The RAS RD Session Host Agent doesn't require any configuration. Once the agent is installed, highlight the server name in the RAS Console and click Troubleshooting > Check Agent in the Tasks drop-down list to update the server status.
Uninstalling RAS RD Session Host Agent
To uninstall RAS RD Session Host Agent from a server:
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Find Parallels Remote Application Server in the list of installed programs.
- If you don't have any other Parallels RAS components on the server that you want to keep, right-click Parallels Remote Application Server and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions to uninstall the program. You may skip the steps below.
- If you have other RAS components that you want to keep on the server, right-click Parallels Remote Application Server and then click Change.
- Click Next on the Welcome page.
- On the Change, repair, or remove page, select Change.
- On the next page, select Custom.
- Select RAS RD Session Host Agent, then click the drop-down list in front of it, and click Entire feature will be unavailable.
- Click Next and complete the wizard.