Open Parallels Web Client
To open Parallels Web Client in a web browser, enter one of the following in a web browser, depending on your setup:
- The DNS name of an HALB device or HALB Virtual Server (if in use). For example, https://ras.msp.com.
- The FQDN or IP address of a specific RAS Secure Gateway. For example, https://ras-gw1.company.dom.
For more information about the Web Client URL, please see Web request load balancing.
When you open the Web Client in a web browser, the login page is displayed.
To log in to Parallels RAS, specify your user name in the UPN format (email@example.com) and password and click Log in.
Once the user is logged in, one of the scenarios described below takes place depending on how the Web Client is configured on the server side. For details, please see Configure Web Client.
Launch apps in Parallels Client and fallback to Browser
With this option configured on the server side, you will see a dialog box in the web browser with the following options:
- Install Parallels Client. Opens the Parallels Client download and installation page. Follow the instructions and install Parallels Client.
After the installation, you should see Parallels Web Client displaying published resources that you can use. Please also note a link in the lower left corner of the screen displaying the Parallels Client version and build number.
You can now run remote applications and desktop in Parallels Client or in a browser (HTML5). The default method for running applications and desktops is Parallels Client. To run a remote application or desktop in a browser, right-click it (or tap and hold on a mobile device) and then choose Parallels Web Client.
- Open in browser. Closes this dialog box and opens the main Parallels Web Client screen. Remote applications or desktops will be launched in the web browser. When you open Parallels Web Client the next time, you will again see the same dialog box with the same options.
- Always open in browser. This option works similarly to the option above but your selection is remembered the next time you open Parallels Web Client.
Parallels Client only
When this option is configured on the server side, you will see a dialog box prompting you to install Parallels Client. Click the link provided to open the Parallels Client download and installation page and follow the instructions. After you install Parallels Client, the main User Portal screen opens displaying published resources that you can use. If you now double-click or tap a resource, it will be launched in Parallels Client.
With this option configured, the main User Portal screen opens with no additional prompts. Remote applications and desktops will be launched in the web browser.