Step 2. Adding AWS as a Provider
To configure Amazon Web Services as a Cloud Computing provider:
- In the RAS Console, navigate to Farm > Providers.
- Click the Tasks drop-down menu and choose Add (or click the [+] icon).
- In the menu, select Amazon EC2. The Add Cloud Computing Provider wizard opens.
- In the Wizard, specify the following:
- Name: Name of the provider.
- Description: Description of the provider.
- Manage credentials: the administrative accounts that will be used to deploy Parallels Agents on the session hosts (Amazon EC2 instances). The current RAS administrator is already present in this list, but you can other accounts.
- Access Key ID: Your access key ID.
- Secret Access Key: Your secret key.
- Click Next.
- Wait until Parallels RAS validates the settings and click Next.
- Select the Region that you will use. In most cases, the best Region would be the one closest to you. You can also choose one of opt-in AWS Regions by selecting the Opted-in Region option or specify a custom EC2 endpoint URL by selecting the EC2 Endpoint URL option.
- Click Finish.
- Proceed to creating a Template as described in Creating a VDI template. During template creation you can configure the instance type for the clones and the storage including Type, Size, and IOPS. Note that you can also do this from Farm > RD Session Hosts > right-click the template > Properties.