Publishing a desktop
To publish a remote desktop:
- In the RAS Console, select the Publishing category and click the Add icon below the Published Resources tree. This will launch the publishing wizard.
- In the first step of the wizard, select Desktop and click Next.
- In the Desktop Type step, select the server type from which to publish and click Next.
- Select one or more servers which desktops you want to publish. You can select all available servers, server group(s), or individual servers. Please note that if you have just one available server, this page will not be displayed.
- Click Next.
- Enter a desktop name, an optional description, and change the icon if needed.
- (RD Session Host only) Configure the following settings:
- Select the Connect to administrative session option if you want users to connect to the administrative session.
- Select Exclude from session prelaunch if needed. For details, see Understanding session prelaunch.
- Select the Start automatically when user logs on option if you want to open a desktop as soon as a user logs on.
- (VDI only) Select the Enable static assignment to guest VM option to mark a guest VM as persistent the first time a user connects to it.
- (Remote PC only) Click the [...] button in the Remote PC Settings section to select a Remote PC from which the application should be published. In the box that opens, double-click a PC to select it.
- Specify the desired screen resolution using the Desktop Size drop-down list. To set a custom width and height of the screen, select Custom in the Size drop-down list and specify the desired values in the fields provided.
- In the Multi-Monitor drop-down list, select whether the multi-monitor support should be enabled, disabled, or whether the client settings should be used.
- On the next page, specify the initial status of the resource. Choose from Enabled (end users can launch the resource), Disabled (the resource will not appear in Parallels Client), In maintenance (the resource will appear in Parallels Client but users will not be able to launch it). When a resource is in maintenance and a user tries to launch it, they will see a message. To customize the message, click the Configure button. For more info, see Site defaults (Publishing).
- When done, click Finish to publish the desktop.