Configure file transfer for a server
To configure remote file transfer for an RD Session Host, Provider, or Remote PC, do the following:
- In the Parallels RAS Console, select the Farm category and then select a desired server type (RD Session Host, Provider, Remote PCs) in the middle pane.
- Right-click a desired server in the right pane and choose Properties.
- Select the Agent Settings tab.
- Select the Allow file transfer command option and click the Configure button. A dialog opens where you can specify remote file transfer options as described below.
- In the Direction drop-down list, select one of the following:
- Client to server only: Transfer files from client to server only.
- Server to client only: Transfer files from server to client only.
- Bidirectional: Transfer files in both directions.
- In the Location field, specify a UNC path to a folder to be used as the default upload location. This path will also be used as the default source location when a user tries to download a file from a remote server. You can select from one of the locations predefined in the drop-down list or you can specify your own. Standard Windows environment variables, such %USERNAME%, %USERDOMAIN%, %USERPROFILE%, can be used. If the location is not found during an upload or download operation, the standard (default) download location will be used.
- The Do not allow to change location option prohibits the user to change the UNC path specified in the Location field. If the option is enabled, the user cannot select a different location while trying to upload or download a file. If the option is cleared, the user can specify a different location.