Maintenance and backup
Keeping Parallels RAS up to date
By default, Parallels RAS checks for updates each time the RAS Console is started. If you wish to change this behavior:
- Select the Administration category and click the Settings tab.
- Select or clear the Check for updates when launching Parallels RAS Console option according to your needs.
- To check for updates manually, click the Check Now button.
Backing up the Parallels RAS Farm configuration
To backup the Parallels RAS Farm configuration:
- Select the Administration category and then click the Settings tab.
- Click the Export Settings button.
- You'll see a message box saying that all sites will be synchronized. Click Yes to continue with export or click No to abort it.
- Specify the file name and target folder and click Save.
To restore a Parallels RAS Farm configuration from a backup file, click the Import Settings button and select a backup file (the default file extension is
.dat2). When you import a configuration from a file, your existing Farm configuration will be completely replaced with it.
You can also export and import a Parallels RAS Farm configuration from the command line. For complete instructions, please read on.