Manually adding a guest VM
Guest VMs are created from a template automatically. In a situation when one or more additional guest VMs are required, you can add (create) them manually.
To add a guest VM:
- In the RAS Console, navigate to Farm > <Site> > VDI > Desktops.
- Click the [+] icon at the top of the list.
- In the Add Guest VMs dialog that opens, select a template from which to create a new guest VM,
- Specify the number of guest VMs to create. If the number you specify exceeds the "Maximum guest VMs" value set in template properties (taking into account the number of VMs that already exist), you'll see a warning message and will need use a lower number or change the max number in template properties.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- After you click Apply in the RAS Console, the new guest VMs will appear in the list on the Desktop tab with the Status column saying "Cloning". Once the cloning is complete, the new guest VMs become available to users.