Creating an RD Session Host template
To complete the tasks described in this section, the following requirements must be met:
- Requirements described in the "Requirements" subsection of Creating a VM template.
- Network Discovery UDP port 137 must be enabled for a domain firewall profile in the guest OS. This can be done via domain group policies or manually in the guest OS.
Manual agent installation
Normally, you will push install the necessary agent software in a source VM right from the Parallels RAS console. However, you can also install the software manually by running the Parallels RAS installer in Windows in the VM. When doing so, use the Custom installation option and select the following agent components RAS Guest Agent and RAS RD Session Host Agent to be installed in the source VM.
Create a template
To create an RD Session Host template:
- Add one of the supported provides, as described in Add a Provider.
- Go to Farm > Site > RD Session Hosts > Templates tab.
- In the Tasks drop-down menu, click Add (or click the [+] icon).
- In the dialog that opens, select a guest VM from which you would like to create a template and click OK.
- The Create Parallels Template Wizard opens. Each wizard page is described below in the order they appear on the screen.
- Verify that the Agent is installed and install it manually if needed as described in Step 1: Check and install the Agent. This step only appears if an on-premise Provider is used.
- Configure the template as described in Step 2: Configure the template.