Problem reporting and troubleshooting
If you are experiencing an issue with Parallels RAS, you can search for a solution right from the RAS Console. If you can't find a solution, you can send a support request to Parallels. This section describes how to accomplish these tasks.
Search for a solution
To search for a solution from the RAS Console:
- In the console, click Help on the main menu and choose Troubleshooting and request support.
- The Troubleshooting dialog opens.
- In the Select Category drop-down list, select a category you are having a problem with. The area in the middle of the dialog will be populated with a list of existing KB articles related to that category.
- Click an article of interest to read in a web browser.
- You can also click Knowledge Base Index or Forums links to go to the Parallels knowledge base or Parallels forums.
If you can't find a solution for your problem using the options described above, you can send a support request to Parallels. When you do, the collected logging information is retrieved and attached to the email, so that Parallels Support can analyze it. See Logging for more information.
Before you request support, please make sure that you have a mailbox setup in the RAS Console. If you haven't set up a mailbox yet, do it as follows:
- In the RAS Console, navigate to Administration > Mailbox.
- Enter your outgoing email server information, your email address, and the security/authentication information if needed.
- You can send a test email by entering an email address in the field provided and clicking the Send Test Email button.
To send a support request to Parallels:
- In the Troubleshooting dialog, click the Send Support Request button.
- The Contact Support dialog opens.
- Enter your full name and your company name.
- Enter the subject. This will be used as a subject in the email that will be sent to Parallels Support.
- In the Enter your query box, describe the issue the best you can.
- Use the Attachment field to attach a file to the email. Click the [...] button to browse for a file. You can attach a picture or any other file that you think might help the Parallels Support to find a solution. Please note that the log files and the Parallels RAS settings are collected and attached to the email automatically, so you don't have to do it yourself.
- In the drop-down list at the bottom of the dialog, select whether you want to send the email or save it (including the automatically collected information) as a zip file.
- Depending on the action selected in the previous step, click Send to send the email or Save to save it as a zip file on your local drive or a network folder.
Send a report
If you already have a support request ticket, you can send just a system report to Parallels without creating a new ticket.
To send a report:
- In the console, click Help on the main menu and choose Upload System Report to Parallels.
- A dialog opens displaying the progress bar.
- Once the system report data is collected and sent to Parallels, a message box is displayed containing the report number.
- Click OK to finish.