General management tasks
To view published resources, select the Publishing category in the Parallels RAS Console. In the middle pane, expand the Published Resources node (if it's collapsed) to see the resources.
Right-click a resource to open a context menu. The menu has the following options:
- Add: Starts the publishing wizard, which you can use to publish a resource.
- New Folder: Allows you to add a folder to the Published Resources tree. Folders are described in the Manage folders section.
- Find: Allows you to search the list for a resource by name.
- Duplicate: Duplicates a selected resource. You can publish multiple resources of the same type, but configure them differently according to your needs.
- Delete: Deletes a published resource from the Parallels RAS Farm. This only removes the published resource item from the Farm. The actual application is not affected. To avoid accidental deletions, a dialog box is displayed asking for your confirmation.
- Status: Choose from Enabled, Disabled, In maintenance. When a resource is disabled or in maintenance, it is unavailable to users. A disabled resource will not appear in Parallels Client in the available resources list. A resource that is in maintenance will appear, but will be grayed out (in User Portal it will say so in the resource name). If a user tries to open the resource, a message is displayed. You can customize this message in Site defaults for published resources.
Note that when you set the status of a published folder, all subfolders (if any) and resources that it contains will inherit the parent folder's status.
- Delegate Permissions: Opens the Delegate Permissions dialog where you can add users and grant them publishing permissions.
- Settings audit: Allows you to see recent changes to published resources and revert them. The changes that can be reverted include Create, Delete, and Update.
- Verify Target(s): Verifies that the target specified for the selected resource is valid. To see the target, select a resource and then click the Application tab.
- Convert Filters to Secure Identifiers: If filtering for a resource is specified using WinNT or LDAP, you can use this option to convert it to SID (Secure Identifier). For more information, see Using filtering rules.
- Running Instances: Opens the Running Processes dialog. For more information about the dialog, please see Managing sessions > Managing running processes. When the dialog is opened, a filter is applied to the process list to include only the processes for the selected published resource (a resource ID is used as a value). You can further filter the list to include only the process for a particular user (the Username column).
The action items at the bottom of the screen allow you to perform the following actions:
- Add: Same action as the Add menu item described above.
- New Folder: Same action as the New Folder menu item described above.
- Delete: Same as the Delete menu item described above.
- Move Up: Moves a selected published resource item up the list.
- Move Down: Moves a selected published resource item down the list.
- Disable: Same as the Disable menu item described above.
- Sort. Sorts resources alphabetically. For this action item to become enabled, you must select the Published Resources node (the topmost one) or a folder containing individual items.
- Find: Same as the Find menu item described above.
- Running Instances: Same as the Running Instances menu item described above.
- Effective Access: Allows you to view which published resources are available for a specific user. For complete details, see Checking effective access.
After making any changes to published resources, please don't forget to click the Apply button to commit them to the Parallels RAS Farm.