Set the Appearance of Virtual Machine Dock Icons
You can choose which type of icon appears in the macOS Dock when your virtual machine is open or running.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Parallels icon in the menu bar and choose Preferences. Then click General.
- Right-click the Parallels Desktop icon in the Dock and choose Preferences. Then click General.
- From the Virtual Machine Dock Icons menu, choose one of the following:
- OS Icon: The Dock icon shows the icon of the operating system installed in the virtual machine.
- Live Screenshot: The Dock icon shows a miniature image of what you see in the virtual machine.
- None: Virtual machines don't have separate icons in the Dock.