Import from an Earlier Parallels Desktop or Other Virtualization Application
With Parallels Desktop for Mac you can use Windows that you set up using earlier versions of Parallels Desktop, as well as VMware Fusion, Microsoft Virtual PC, and VirtualBox:
- Open Parallels Desktop (in the Applications folder) and choose File > Open.
- Select the Windows data file you want to import, then click Open and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Parallels Desktop data files end with
- VMware files end with
- Virtual PC files end with
- VirtualBox files end with
You can also simply drag a Parallels
.pvm file to Control Center to add it to Parallels Desktop.
- Start Windows.
- Choose Actions > Install Parallels Tools and follow the onscreen instructions.