Folders are used to organize published resources and to facilitate filtering options.
There are two types of folders that you can create in the Published Resources tree in the Parallels RAS Console:
- Folders for administrative purposes. Folders of this type are intended for Parallels RAS administrators (users of the Parallels RAS Console). They are used to logically organize published resources in the Parallels RAS Console but they do not appear in the Parallels Client launchpad on user devices. These folders are used to help administrators manage published resources more efficiently.
- Regular folders. These folders are similar to administrative folders described above but they do appear in the launchpad on user devices. You normally use these folders to group published resources by type (e.g. office applications, specific business applications, utilities, etc.).
Creating a folder
To create a new folder:
- In the RAS Console, select the Publishing category.
- Right-click anywhere in the Published Resources tree and choose New Folder (or click the [+] New Folder icon at the bottom).
- In the Folder dialog, specify a folder name and an optional description.
- To make it a folder for administrative purposes, select the Use for administrative purposes option. To publish a regular folder, clear the option. See above for the explanation of the two folder types.
- When creating a regular folder, you can change its icon by clicking the Change icon button. Administrative folders use a built-in icon that cannot be changed. Icons appear in the Publishing category in the Parallels RAS Console and in the Parallels Client launchpad (regular folders only).
- Click Finish to create the folder.
To modify an existing folder:
- Select a desired folder in the Published Resources tree.
- The Information tab in the right pane displays the folder information (read-only).
- On the Folder tab page, you can see and modify the folder name and description. You can also select or clear the Use for administrative purposes option to change the folder type (see above for an explanation). To change the folder icon, click the Change icon button. Note that the button is disabled if the Use for administrative purposes option is selected.
- The Filtering tab page specifies filtering options. Once set, these options will be inherited by all published resources in that folder. For more information about filtering, please see Using Filtering Rules.
Adding published resources to a folder
To add a published resource to a folder, click and hold the published resource in the Published Resources tree and then drag it to the desired folder.