Installing the License
Depending on the way you have obtained your Parallels Server Bare Metal license, the process of installing the license slightly differs:
- If you have obtained the license in the form of a product key, you can install it on the server using the
-p option of the
vzlicload command. For example, you can execute the following command to install the
XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX product key:
# vzlicload -p 5BVMF2-560MM0-D28DQA-B59NTE-10H4HG
Processing product key "
License VZSRV was loaded successfully
1 of 1 licenses was loaded
Note: You can also use the
vzlicload utility to upgrade the license. For example, this may be necessary if your current license does not support using Parallels Virtual Automation for managing Parallels servers.
- If you have obtained the license in the form of an activation code, you can install it on the server using the
-a option of the
vzlicupdate command. For example:
# vzlicupdate -a
XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX is your activation code. When executed,
vzlicupdate connects to the Parallels Key Authentication (KA) licensing server and transmits the specified activation code there. The licensing server, in turn, generates a license file, sends it back to the server from where the activation code has been dispatched, and automatically installs it on this server. So, before executing the aforementioned command, make sure that your Parallels server is connected to the Internet.
If you are activating your installation by means of an activation key, you must have an active Internet connection to successfully complete the license installation. Otherwise, you will be presented with the corresponding warning message informing you of the steps you have to take to activate your license. As a rule, these steps are the following:
- Visiting the http://www.parallels.com/en/support/virtuozzo/activate web page and activating the license manually.
- Providing the following information on this web page:
- In the Product Code field, specify your license activation code.
- In the HWID field, provide the ID of your server.
- In the Enter following digits field, type the digits displayed next to this field.
- Clicking the ACTIVATE LICENSE button.
If you have entered the correct information on the Virtuozzo License Activation page, you will be provided with a link to a license file that you should download to and install on the server. For example, you can run this command to install the obtained license file
# vzlicload -f /etc/vzlicense
This command will install the license file with the name of
vzlicense on your server.