Setting Up Virus Protection
Parallels Desktop allows you to install the antivirus software powered by Kaspersky on your Mac and in Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 virtual machines with Parallels Tools installed. This antivirus software is provided with a free activation key for 90 days. When the trial period expires, you can purchase a permanent activation key.
Note: You need the Internet connection to download the antivirus software from the Parallels website.
You can install any other antivirus software you like in your virtual machine. Use the standard installation procedure for this software.
Installing Antivirus Software on Your Mac
To install the antivirus software powered by Kaspersky on your Mac, follow these steps:
- Choose Install Kaspersky for Mac from the File menu.
- When prompted, enter your administrator credentials.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
- Activate the trial version of the antivirus software powered by Kaspersky. You will be able to use it for free for 90 days. When the trial period expires, you will need to purchase a permanent activation key or uninstall the antivirus software.
To uninstall the antivirus software, choose Uninstall Kaspersky for Mac from the File menu, enter your administrator credentials, and wait until uninstall is complete.
Installing Antivirus Software in a Virtual Machine
After Parallels Tools installation, you will be asked if you want to install the antivirus software powered by Kaspersky. To install it, click Install and follow the wizard instructions.
To install the antivirus software manually, follow these steps:
- Launch Parallels Desktop and start your Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 virtual machine from the Parallels Virtual Machines list.
When the virtual machine boots up, make sure that Parallels Tools are installed. If they are not installed, install Parallels Tools in your virtual machine.
- If Parallels Tools are installed in your virtual machine or if you have just installed them, choose Install Kaspersky Internet Security from the Virtual Machine menu. Kaspersky Internet Security Installer will launch. The installation is performed in the unattended mode and the software is activated automatically. You can view the operation progress in the progress bar.
- When the installation is complete, click Reboot in the Install Succeed window to close the wizard and restart the virtual machine.
Now you have a 90-day antivirus protection in your virtual machine. The free trial period starts from the moment of the first installation and won't be restarted if you reinstall Kaspersky Internet Security later. When the trial period expires, you will need to purchase a permanent activation key or remove Kaspersky Internet Security.
To remove Kaspersky Internet Security, remove it like any other Windows application.