Parallels Tools for Windows 98
A video driver for Windows 98 guest OS should be installed manually.
Before proceeding to installation, choose Virtual Machine > Install Parallels Tools to connect the drivers installation disc (
/Library/Parallels/Tools/prl-tools-other.iso) to your virtual machine.
When the installation disc is connected, you can proceed to installation.
Video Driver Installation
Start the virtual machine and perform the following steps:
- From the Start menu, choose Settings > Control Panel > Display.
- In the Display Properties dialog, go to the Settings tab, and click the Advanced button.
- On the Adapter tab, click Change. A wizard will open.
- In the wizard, click Next.
- Select Search for a better driver than the one your device is using now, and click Next.
- Select Specify a location option. Click Browse. Locate the following folder on the
prl-tools-other.iso connected to the CD-ROM drive and click OK:
- Click Next in the Update Device Driver Wizard and then, when the driver is found, click Next again.
- Click Finish and then Close to close the Update Device Driver Wizard.
- Click Close to exit the Display Properties dialog box.
- When you are prompted to restart the guest OS in the System Settings Change dialog box, click Yes.
The new settings will be applied after the virtual machine is restarted.