Install Parallels Desktop
You can be up and running with Parallels Desktop in a few easy steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of OS X.
- Do one of the following:
- If you downloaded Parallels Desktop from the Parallels website, double-click the disk image file, most likely in your Downloads folder (the file has the extension ".dmg" at the end).
- If you purchased a boxed copy of Parallels Desktop with a USB thumb drive, connect the drive to your Mac, open it and double-click the disk image file.
- If you purchased a boxed copy with a link to the installation file, open the link in your web browser, download Parallels Desktop and double-click the disk image file.
- If you purchased a boxed copy with an installation disc, insert the disc.
Note: If your Mac doesn't have a DVD-ROM, you can use the download link, available in the retail box, to download Parallels Desktop over the Internet.
- Double-click the Install icon and follow the onscreen instructions to install Parallels Desktop.